Production & Logistics Update Related to COVID-19
Posted: Mar 24,2020
General News Canada North America Europe Asia USA
Issue Date: March 23rd, 2020
Dear Partner / Customer,
As previously communicated (March 17th), Hammond Power Solutions (HPS) is working to minimize the impact of the Coronavirus, commonly known as COVID-19. HPS facilities in North America produce equipment that is deemed essential, such as power distribution systems. Therefore, we do not anticipate any direct production impact from government orders to limit business operations.
Here is an update on our outgoing logistics situation. As many of you may know, both the US-Canada and US-Mexico borders are closed to non-essential travel. Our freight carriers assure us that they will remain operational in this situation, as an essential component of trans-border shipments. Therefore, we remain optimistic that we can continue to serve the needs of our partners/customers.
Some partner/customer locations may not be able to receive product shipments due to COVID-19. HPS wants to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on customer deliveries, so we ask the following of our partners/customers that utilize logistics/freight services arranged by HPS:
- If you have locations that close for extended periods due to COVID-19, please notify your HPS representative immediately.
- Any non-EDI orders placed as of Wednesday March 25th, must include a contact name (email/phone) at the Ship-To location. If the Sold-To location is not the same as Ship-To address, we require a contact at the Sold-To location as a backup point of contact. This contact information is can be provided either within E-Quotes (order notes section) or directly to HPS personnel by email or phone (for orders not placed within E-Quotes).
- Partners/customers that use EDI with HPS need to contact their HPS representative to arrange a rolling update on their ability to receive product shipments.
- HPS and/or their freight carrier will attempt to confirm in advance that the partner/customer Ship-To location is in a position to receive purchased items. Once delivery confirmation is made, it is the responsibility of the partner/customer to advise HPS and/or their carrier of any change in this status. Thereafter, any incremental costs incurred to re-ship or store products not deemed deliverable from HPS, may be chargeable. If HPS is unable to delivery as planned, then the partner/customer will need to arrange another time.
- Please remember that partners/customers may check the status of most pending product deliveries within E-Quotes (E-Quotes Login).
We appreciate your continuous support and highly value your business. If you have any questions related to this notice, please contact your local HPS Sales personnel:
US Toll Free: 1-866-705-4684 Canada: Toll Free: 1-888-798-8882